Monday, August 11, 2014

theBalm Instain Blushes Review & Swatches





Hey there peeps!

After what feels like FOREVER, I'm back and blogging! And today I'm reviewing for you theBalm Instain Blushes :)

Packaging:
The blushes are in a cardboard compact that comes with a pretty decent sized mirror and a magnetic closure so its all pretty secure and excellent for travel! The best part is the fact that they look like little magazines! How adorable is that?!

Pigmentation and blendability:
All of these blushes are highly pigmented so a little goes a long way.  However, they can get a little tricky to blend sometimes so using the right brush is essential. I like to use a fluffy brush thats not too dense so I don't put too much on and they blend easily.

Texture and Longevity:
These blushes are smooth, non-powdery and super long lasting! I recommend you use these when you have a long lasting foundation on to avoid the clown-like appearance at the end of the day when all your face makeup has faded off but the blush is still holding on!


Houndstooth: is a mauve  with a satin finish. Perfect for fall.

Toile: is a coral  with a satin finish. Its both peachy and pink which gives a beautiful color to the cheeks.

Lace: is a bright pink with a matte finish. Gives a nice "flushed" effect to your cheeks


Photos and Swatches:


theBalm Instain Blush: Houndstooth
theBalm Instain Blush: Houndstooth 
theBalm Instain Blush: Houndstooth


theBalm Instain Blush: Toile
theBalm Instain Blush: Toile
theBalm Instain Blush: Toile


theBalm Instain Blush: Lace
theBalm Instain Blush: Lace
theBalm Instain Blush: Lace

Swatches (from left to right): theBalm Instain Blush in Houndstooth, Toile, Lace [taken outdoor in daylight]

Swatches (from left to right): theBalm Instain Blush in Houndstooth, Toile, Lace [taken indoor with flash]

Disclaimer: I swatched the blushes heavily so you can see the color of these clearly. However, this is not what will look like on your cheeks so don't be afraid, lol.

Who I would recommend these to:
I would recommend these to anyone looking for super pigmented, long lasting blushes! So that makes it especially perfect for weddings and parties, which is what I use these for. However, I wouldn't recommend these to anyone who is just starting out with makeup as using these blushes does require a bit of technique.

My favorite:
Definitely Toile! Its such a unique color and looks beautiful on :)

Where I shop theBalm:
My brother actually bought me these from www.amazon.co.uk when he was in the UK over a year ago. However you can order from their official website too: www.thebalm.com


If you have any questions leave them in the comment section below or reach me at my Facebook or Twitter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment