Sunday, October 19, 2014

(Extremely Late) September 2014 Favorites


Hey guys! I know I'm SO late but here are my September Favorites. I thought I should upload anyway since this post was ready LONG back but since I forgot to take a pic of one of the products I kept putting it off but not anymore! I just thought I'd upload this without it anyway, lol.

These are the products I've wow-ed over every time I reached out for them in my makeup routine the past month. I also included swatches wherever possible so you can get an idea of the products. Hope you like it!


1. Laura Mercier Silk Cream Foundation & Maybelline Fit Me Concealer

The foundation:
Great coverage, my perfect color match, blends easily, gives a demi-matte to matte finish depending on your skin type, lasts a really long time (I once accidentally slept with my makeup on and believe me when I say the makeup looked pretty good the next morning too!). Definitely recommend!

The concealer:
Although I use my Mac Pro Longwear Concealer for bigger events and parties pretty much all the time, I found myself using this quite a lot too the past month. On the days I don't want to wear foundation I just go with this under my eyes and on the high points to my face (forehead, bridge of the nose, cupids bow, chin). Great coverage, blends easily, and gives a beautiful natural finish.





3. Benefit That Gal Face Primer
I have the mini size I got in a gift bag from Sephora on upgrading to VIB status a long time ago but I only just started using this. I love how it visibly brightens the face, leaving the skin feeling more hydrated and can I just say how amazing this smells (like strawberries and cream <3)




4. Laura Mercier Brightening Loose Powder
Just a great powder to set my concealer and T-zone when I don't want extra coverage to my foundation. A little goes a long way and prevents my concealer from creasing.





5. Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray
This is magic in a bottle. I've been using this for nearly two years now but now when I ran out of it (again) I had to resort to the Makeup For Ever Setting Spray or Mac Fix + and then I realized how much more I loved it! Sets your makeup, takes away the powdery finish to give a natural one, never emphasizes your pores or fine lines and the best part is if you spray a little much it won't make your face all sticky or your pores more visible (unlike the other two I mentioned).



6. Sleek Contour Kit
I mentioned this in my UK Haul from a few months back and honestly ever since I can't stop using this! Earlier I only used to reach out for the bronzer shade in this (awesome neutral tone, can sheer it out to give a light bronzed look or build it up for a heavy contoured effect). But lately I've been loving the highlight color too! Its a perfect pinky-champagne and will look great on all skin tones.






7. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushes in Tipsy and Exposed
These are my ultimate fave blushes! I had my brother get this for me last year when he was vacationing in Malaysia and haven't stopped using these since. These have an amazing lasting power, they're non-powdery and the best part is they are so user friendly! They're easy to blend and you can always sheer it out to give a more natural flush to the cheeks or build it up for a more heavier look. Both these colors are my faves.







8. Marc Jacobs The Lolita Palette
Amazing pigmentation, blends like a dream and the color selection is beautiful! This is the only palette in my collection that I've used so frequently since the Urban Decay Original Naked Palette. The only possible complain anyone can ever have with this is that you have to use it carefully to avoid shadow fallout. But honestly, I don't mind :)







9. Makeup Studio Jewel Effects in Shine
My favorite thing about this glitter is how fine this is! Gives the shine of glitter without looking chunky or too obviously glitter like. You can use this in my so many ways! (Let me know if you would like a post on the many ways you can use this!)





10. Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Showy
These crayon type twist up lippies have become my fave over the past few months! I love the matte finish these give. I have three more shades but I've been loving the purple tone of this one! I know it doesn't look purple toned at all in the pictures (because I took these before sunset so my cam picked up only the warmer tones) but its a beautiful pink-purple shade.





11. Mikyaji 22K Brow Shaper
This is the little devil I forgot to take an individual picture of! (its that skinny golden thing on the top of the cover picture) Fave brow pencil of the moment. Great price, very easy to use and lasts a long time on the brows!


WHERE TO BUY:

Laura Mercier: www.selfridges.com
Maybelline and Revlon: Centrepoint in Salam Mall/ Andalus Mall/ Mall of Arabia
Benefit and Marc Jacobs: Sephora in Red Sea Mall/Mall of Arabia
Sleek: www.sleekmakeup.com
Makeup Studio: Makeup Studio Store in Salam Mall

Thats it for this post! See ya in my next :)

Get in touch with me via my Facebook/Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment